Shelf Life Studies
For a shelf life study, we require:
- Six bottles of your product presented to us as you intend to sell it. (This product must go through the HPP system before submitting to the lab.)
- Instructions as to how you would like the product stored. (refrigerated, ambient, etc.)
- An estimate of the number of days you expect the product to last.
We will test your product for Total Bacterial Count, Coliform, and Yeast/Mold upon each of the six openings. The first sample will also be tested for pH verification.
For a validation study, we require:
- Twelve bottles of your product freshly made, but not exposed to HPP.
We will inoculate the bottles with Listeria, Salmonella, and E. coli.
We will then, transfer the bottles to an HPP facility.
Finally, we will test the bottles across the life of the product to prove that HPP was effective in destroying sufficient numbers of bacteria.
Juice HACCP Plans
For a Juice HACCP Plan, we require:
- Your recipe.
- A description of your manufacturing process, from the receipt of raw materials to the shipping of finished goods.
- Temperatures and times, as needed, throughout your process. (We know the parameters for HPP, so you do not need to provide that).
- Other information, as requested, throughout the writing process.
Please allow at least two weeks for you project’s completion.
Ship Products and Information to: Trelfa Labs, Inc., 6 Merrill St., Unit 4, Salisbury, MA 01952
To discuss in further detail, call Jon Trelfa at (978) 255-4355 or email at email@example.com.