No matter what type of food facility you run, Massachusetts and New Hampshire state law requires that at least one person in your operation be certified in safe food handling practices, every 4-5 years dependent upon your city.
Trelfa Labs addresses your needs by offering the nationally recognized ServSafe training program and examination. ServSafe is widely recommended and accepted by local and state health departments who oversee your compliance efforts.
We highly suggest that you contact your local authorities to assess your needs before signing up for any food safety training program.
What you’ll take away from training …
You will learn how to eliminate hazards and:
- maintain good personal hygeine including proper handwashing techniques
- avoid cross-contamination between differently prepared foods
- properly thaw, cool, prep, cook, handle, reheat, and store foods safely (from purchasing to serving)
- indentify the proper temperatures for different food types
- maintain sanitary equipment and facilities including dealing with pest control
- create proactive systems
- prevent the most common causes of foodborne illnesses
Aditionally, you will learn about:
- food safety regulations, such as the basics of HACCP (principals and control points)
- the effects bacteria and viruses have on food safety
- and finally, how to take what you’ve learned and train your own staff
Class Structure (In Person)
- Lecture by Certified Instructor/Proctor (Jon Trelfa)
- Powerpoint slides & DVD presentations
- Discussion of hand-outs
- Breakout practice exercises
- Final Exam (optional) with Certified Instructor/Proctor
- breaks as needed
Why go with Trelfa Labs?
- locally serving Northeastern MA, Southern NH and ME
- training on-site at Trelfa Labs convenient location or at your own facility (for private groups)
- convenient weekend training (Saturdays)
- examinations available in several languages (for proctor, not training services)
- flexible payment options (check or Paypal)
- certificate arrives in 2 weeks or less
- we offer a variety of consulting and laboratory services which meet all your company’s unique needs
- satisfaction guaranteed
- a commitment to added value: Upon your request, we will notify your local health department of your registration to ensure that they are aware of your compliance efforts. This can be especially helpful to start-up operations.
- a proven track record
ServSafe® is a registered trademark of The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, and used under license by National Association Restaurant Solutions, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the National Restaurant Association.